Containing plenty of bran, dates and apples, these muffins make it easy to eat healthily.
1 peeled and finely chopped Granny Smith apple
120g chopped dates
60ml maple syrup
85g natural oat bran
160ml reduced fat milk
100g self-raising flour
2tsp baking powder
1tsp mixed spice
35g All Bran
- Preheat oven to 200°C and line a 12-cup muffin pan with paper cases.
- Put the All Bran in a small bowl and soak with milk for 10 minutes.
- Sift together spice, baking powder and flour into a bowl. Add apple, dates and bran and mix well.
- Whisk maple syrup and egg into All Bran and milk, then pour into dry ingredients. Use a wooden spoon to mix ingredients together until just mixed. The mixture may still look lumpy and doesn’t need to be evenly mixed.
- Evenly divide the mixture between the paper cases and bake for 20 minutes or until cooked and golden. Allow to cool for five minutes before transferring to a wire rack so the muffins can cool completely. Eat and enjoy!